Friday, October 9, 2009

In his own words - Ben's MySpace page


I spent the first 8 years of my life in Mel-
bourne, then moved to Buenos Aires in early
'94 with my parents and three brothers. We
lived in B.A for 6 months, then moved to
San Miguel de Tucuman, where we lived un-
til early 2004, acquiring another family member.
               Moved back to Melbourne for a year,
then spent 2005 traveling Europe, North,
Central and South America with Tim, and
ended up living back in Tucuman. 2006 saw
me back in Melbourne, continuing study at
The University of Melbourne, doing a B.Sc
and a Diploma in International Studies...and
that's where I'm at now, in 3rd year of a 4
year course, not quite sure what I'll be do-
ing afterwards.
                   I go to St. Judes Carlton, I'm
a valet/concierge at a Melbourne city hotel,
do some casual interpreting (English/Span-
ish, Spanish/English) here and there, and...
wish I was somewhere else most of the
time, wherever I am or aren't...I'm the most
critical person I know, which can be good
and can be bad. I notice everything, and
have a thing for shoes-i can probably tell
you what shoes you had on last time i saw
you-test me-or don't, I might criticize you
for being 'pesado'. People are ok, so long
as they don't annoy me, which many do,
sorry...but there are a few that don't-there's
a chance.
                 I hate it when people cheapen
the meaning of words by over-using them
or using them when not appropriate; then
when they are meant, the original meaning
is no longer there. "Love you", "beautiful",
"darling", "gorgeous" are a few examples-
don't kill them!

1 comment:

Ben's Bloggers said...

Meryl was inspired to write the following after reading this blog... Thanks Meryl!

Ben lived life well
And to the full.
Even if he left
Too soon by far
For all who are left
To wonder why,
With much to give,
And love for God
To share with all.
And he did just that.
He wondered what
Was next for him.
Now he knows!
For he lived for Christ
And his death is gain
For him, not for us,
At least, not yet …