Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Home again. Home again?

I ummed and aahed about whether to get the chicken townhouse out of the freezer for dinner tonight. Ben's grandmother cooked it knowing that he liked it and Ben said yesterday that he would be home today. But last night I decided not to get the townhouse out in case he didn't get home.

At this stage of the day it looks like my caution has paid off. We're now not sure he will be home today because they can't provide a 'hospital in the home' visitor to give him the last of some chemo. It seems that things change all the time; I imagine Ben might be a bit frustrated. On the other hand this chemo round has worn him out so much that he might be too pooped to care one way or the other. I'll let you know how we go.

LA

8 comments:

SS said...

oh that's no fun... pity they can't just give you a syringe and vials and let you guys inject it!

hope Ben gets home soon.

Sally

biscuit said...

I wish I was chemo accredited right now! grrrr!

Ben's Got Cancer said...

I'm not sure what "chemo accredited" means Aya... Pls explain?

Ben's Got Cancer said...

Aya: Now I get it: You mean accredited to do the "hospital in the home" chemo stuff so Ben can go home? Stay tuned for the next blog... I think he will be home tonight with 12 hourly visits back to the hospital.

Unknown said...

Hope ben can go home!!!

Hey, by the way what is a chicken townhouse????? it sounds so strange .....un pollo casa-de-ciudad????

Lots of love, Mercedes

biscuit said...

Yes exactly. I guess I would also need to be a HITH nurse as well as doing the chemo course, and by the time I did all of that, Ben won't need it. Hope they are able to get it all happening so he can get out of the 'Box' =)

Jaz xxx said...

my gorgoeus family! not going to lie... there were way to many big words in there for me so im sticking to the pictures :P ..... may i just say .... even thoguh ur in a hospital bed .. in the picture of you taking TCs temperature ... ur arm is looking a treat!... still muscular aye? :)keep smiling baby ur a champ and i love you heaps love you all heaps x x x love Jaz Flowers...

Unknown said...

Google tells me Townhouse Chicken is a baked saucy chicken dish with rice, swiss cheese and other things. Sounds interesting..

Ben mate, I miss your beats - and I miss you being patronising to me and others in that loving way only you can.

Get well dude.

PY2