Saturday, November 8, 2008

Hang in there Ben - From LA

I remember an energetic and determined four year old who stood looking at a new two wheeler bike that had no trainer wheels. I remember that he wanted to be able to ride that bike immediately. I remember that he went down the hill in our backyard over and over and over again until by the end of one day of perseverance he could ride it without falling off. That's why I know that if anyone can beat this #*&@ cancer Ben can. It would be great if we could all pray for his fighting spirit. Pray that he has enough energy and optimism not to be swamped by the constant 'bad' news. Thanks everyone. LA

8 comments:

ZoeMarks said...

I remember the ben that was determined to make me overcome my 'phobia' of noses during our Argentina trip... the only one ever persistant enough to keep going despite the yelling and shouting on my end! Determined is an understatement! Hold onto that fighting spirit Ben - you'll beat this yet! You have our prayers,
Zoe

Michael Collie said...

Hang in there, Buddy!

Arnie said...

I just wanted to say that as I pray for Ben I feel led to see him healthy and well, not sick like he is at the moment. Jesus said we should believe that we have received what we have prayed for and it will be ours (Mark 11.23-4). This isn't magic, and it doesn't mean we will automatically get everything we pray for, but it does mean we are praying in line with the Lord's instructions.
Arnie.

Unknown said...

Lindy, you're great. We love love you and you all are so couragous. And Brave Ben what a guy. Pete

Unknown said...

Fuerza Ben! Desde latino america estamos contigo en este momento. Nuestro pensamiento y oraciones a Dios, solidariedad y cariño.

Fuerte abrazo
Ziel Machado

Meg said...

There is a big group of support from Darwin in the Top End. Many people unknown to you Ben and your family are sending their best wishes and support. Love and Best wishes from the DFWB team.

Suz said...

This is the pic of the Bennie I remember! We are praying for you guys and think this blog is a fantastic idea. Lots of love from the White/Haydon crew...

Michael said...

hi ben, remember me, I'm the creep that shot that photo of u at 4, wearing a slug as a mo. Hope the op went as planned and your stay in hospital is as short as possible. I'm thinking of u. cheers Mike