Monday, April 1, 2013

Living in the fast lane


Matt and I with Tim and Olivia, were in a multi-storey Wilson car park in the city the other day after having seen Gladys play in a concert at The Edge in Fed Square.

We were on foot, returning to Tim’s car, when a car came hurtling down a ramp towards us, driving far too fast for a car park. I was feeling like a grumpy old woman about it, when I noticed that the driver was a young bloke with a satin vest and bow tie on.

He was, in fact one of those valet car parking attendants and his name might well have been Ben Mulherin a few years ago.

We all agreed that if it had have been Ben as the valet, he would have been driving that fast but, said Tim, it would have been more likely that he would have been reversing down the ramp.

Lindy

2 comments:

Rural Training Initiatives said...

Interesting that you mention valet parking "wingding". I do use valet carparking and always look in their eyes for a flicker of Ben-ness. Andrew in Perth last week was way to old and boring to reverse to be sure - not Ben.

Rural Training Initiatives said...

You know I am sure we are all the same - we think about Ben and track through our memories and search for something else to keep him present - well I do anyway - the other day as I struggled to get really hard ice-cream from the container I remembered Ben suggesting that we microwave the ice-cream - no it has to be really hard I responded to this suggestion...well last night Ben was with us as our dinner guests struggled to extract our very hard ice-cream from containers "microwave it" came the suggestion from a young man in our happy group of "eaters" and suddenly Ben was back in my kitchen...