Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The weeks go by

The weeks go by, the 8th of the month comes and goes and comes again, Tim and Andy move into 'Ben's bedroom', we go roller blading and remember Ben playing roller hockey, Andy uses Ben's old skates.

The blog ticks over 68,000 hits, but we don't write as much now because there isn't a lot new to say...just the same heartache that doesn't go away but does wax and wane day by day. Today's a bad day as the photos pop up on my screen and iTunes churns out "Viva la Vida".

So I have a cry and send this blog into cyberspace knowing that there are others out there too who don't want to lose him. Thanks.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Still thinking of and praying for you all daily. My heartfelt thanks (and I'm sure I speak for many) for continuing to update this blog and your honesty. You're truly phenomenal ambassadors for Christ!

Twiggy Sticks said...

Every single time I hear Viva la Vida now it takes me straight back to Ben's funeral - which on one level is sad, but on another, it reminds me of how loved Ben was, and of just how rare it is for a person to touch that many people. I can't imagine how many songs, sights, events and other things must remind you of him. Still reading this and praying for you. x

Herman Yung said...

Still thinking of you Ben!

Katie Sugars said...

were the same as marissa, everytime emma and i hear viva la vida, we think of ben.
all our love x