Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Our larrikin son - from Lindy

Our larrikin son. Our big hearted, broad visioned, imperfect and
beautiful son. We feel diminished without him and the world seems
diminished without him. His capacity for forgiveness and his passion
for resolving conflicts is sorely missed. Couldn't there have been another way?

When it's warm and sunny I can hear you laughing and see you in the waves
or rough-housing on the beach. When it's cold and grey I miss you more; the
bleakness mimics me. When it's cold and crisp and the sun is thin and bright I
see you on the slopes, the rush; the joy and freedom of the power and speed
and risk. Your life so full of everything except regrets. Your passion never
left you. You lived and died with courage.
CSB we agree.
CSB.

3 comments:

Meg said...

I am declaring my ignorance... What is CSB? What a loss he has been to us all.
Lots of Love

Ben's Bloggers said...

I'm sorry... but CSB is an in-house term created by Ben that described his attitude to cancer. It is not a term fit for public consumption. Further clues may be found on the back of Ben's phone which I (Chris) now use.

Meg said...

You know the worst thing for me... the forgetting that it has all happened. Being so far away, it continues to feel, like I'll catch up with all the Mullies at Christmas, or next time I'm in Melbourne, and then I remember. A punch in the gut. And I remember the pain that those so dear to me are confronted with all the time.
Lots of Love always.