Friday, May 8, 2009

5 months on


Five months ago today... and I still often find myself in a daze 
of incomprehension as I think about our last six months with Ben. 
How could those first inklings of bad news turn so quickly 
to missed classes, radiotherapy, hospital visits, grave concerns, 
chemotherapy, severe pain and morphine drips, intensive care, 
coma and a funeral? 

I don't know. It feels like a dream at times. Is he really gone? 
And as I ask myself,  I know it's true. 
The shock hits again and the tears return.

Chris

3 comments:

Ben's Bloggers said...

Gday missing Ben a lot
from the maccas

Emily said...

Only just starting to hit hard now. Really missing him! Can't begin to understand what you must still be going through daily.

Meg said...

Mother's Day - my thoughts and heart are with all of you, but especially you, Lindy.