Monday, January 12, 2015

Nine Tips for a Happy Life

We have just returned from another Theos beach mission in Mallacoota, run by Scripture Union Victoria.

Chris does nine talks to the team during the two weeks of the mission, and this year they were titled "Nine tips for a happy life". In one of the sessions he included Ben and his story.

He showed this brief, funny video clip from Ben’s last year as director of the team in 2007/2008, and talked about when he was a fun-loving, fit, healthy, dynamic and ambitious young man—and then the sudden and tragic changes that he was faced with a few months after the Theos mission.


Chris then read out this conversation between Ben’s church pastor and Ben:

Right at the start of his illness, I [Richard] asked Ben if he was angry with God, that he should get this cancer. It seemed like an obvious reaction to me, after all that’s what I was thinking.

Ben looked at me as though I had asked a silly question, and said – “why would I? – It’s none of my business”.

I think what he was trying to say was that he trusted God with whatever outcome for his life that God had in mind.

We are continually grateful that Ben’s story goes on having an impact.

We are constantly glad that he is not forgotten.

Lindy

No comments: