Monday, November 3, 2014

A cheering email


We received the following email last week and the sender was pleased to have it put on the blog.

It is no small comfort that Ben still lives on in people’s minds. And very thoughtful that people tell us so!

Dear Chris and Lindy,

It has been several years now and it is very possible that you will not recall, but I was the registrar who took care of Ben at Box Hill Hospital (for almost the entire 4 months of my Haematology rotation).

I'm not sure what has compelled me to write today, but I think of Ben and your family not infrequently (even now), and always remember the grace with which you all handled a very difficult time.

I do apologise if this email has brought up unpleasant memories, but I wanted you to know how Ben remains ever present, even among those you may not have expected.

I hope you and the boys are well, and send you all my warmest wishes.

No comments: