Sunday, September 15, 2013

Come on. Hurry up!

Musings received from a friend who is a nurse:

I like Alice's idea  that "maybe he is here rallying us to do something, somewhere." I often find myself thinking 'I wonder how Ben would react to this situation?' In some ways he is my every patient, challenging me to provide the best care I can for my patients; as though by doing so I can honour his memory. He is far from forgotten.
When I read comments about him partying in heaven, I have an image of a great mass of people, moving towards God and an image of Ben amongst the crowd. I can see him running forward, determined to reach the goal as soon as he can, uncaring whether others walk or run. His eyes are set.
Watching him go before me, with anticipation and determination, both when he was here in this life and now in my imaginings of him there, in that other, better life have been a great encouragement and great reminder.
That's my most recent memory of Ben. Still leading the way.

No comments: