Friday, June 4, 2010

Food help

I am thinking (already) about whether we do something for Ben's birthday in August this year and the thought of a party led me to think of food.

I thought of foods that remind me of Ben and inevitably I thought of chocolate pudding. I looked back at the chocolate pudding blogs and thought I'd ask people to send in other recipes - however many you like. I am thinking mainly of food that Ben enjoyed or that Ben was rude about or hated, or a meal you had with Ben that had a story to go with it…or something that Ben used to cook (well or badly).

I know for example, that in Ben's last couple of weeks at home, before he went to hospital for the last time, he practically lived on two delicious chocolate slices that Allyson made him as she knew they were his favourites.

It will be fun to read your ideas. ☺:-)

Thanks!
Lindy

5 comments:

Ben's Bloggers said...

Meg says: I remember one of our Christmas get togethers of the Clarke clan at Tallandowring, either Nikki or I had volunteered to cook dinner (lasagne or spaghetti). Ben initiated a discussion about the appalling practise of putting carrot and celery in lasagne and spaghetti. I felt lucky I was not an implementor of this practise - I would have had to deal with Ben's scorn. Miss you Ben.

Laura said...

Ben made VATS of carbonara pasta when he and the fellas lived in Coburg. I would ask for a 'girl amount' and was usually given less but still about triple what I could possibly eat.

Unknown said...

There was that collection of random stuff in the jar... Bethanie xx

Bec said...

when i think of ben and food i think of pizza. and him telling us that consuming a whole family sized pizza at Papa Ginos to himself is the norm - decent effort! haha good times.
also at uni raspberry and apple k-time bars, any of my leftover sandwich that i couldnt eat and snow peas, "are you going to eat that bec?"
and this is more of a beverage story but ben was house-sitting once and we gave the coffee machine a workout once we figured out how to work it, during one of our exam study sessions! not that ben was big on coffee but he was having a great time frothing the milk..any new challenge!

jtul. said...

Ben made
- the best chicken caesar salad
- the best carbonara
- the best chocolate pudding

He hated me eating food off his plate in restaurants (more than most people)

And liked McDonalds as much as I do.