Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Steak anyone?

From Jill...

I remember Ben staying with us for a few weeks and working hard on the farm – I was impressed by his confidence one evening– "who is going to eat all the steaks?" "Me" said Ben without a flinch – I believe there was a traditional Argentine serving PLUS still on the BBQ – and he did – initially with what appeared to be little regard for our amusement – just head down cutting and chewing away - but then with increased grins as he continued on his feast dutifully cleaning up all the steaks… 5 or 6 I think…I went to the meat section first the following day. I see him at our old wooden kitchen table, I see the knife and his head down, I see his grin with a mouthful, I hear that snort out of his nose as he laughed with his gob full…

No comments: